Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Month In

I started this battle a month ago and I think this is a good time marker to make some comments.

1. I hate thrusters, medicine ball circles, and my quads.
2. I'm glad I'm doing this. I've stuck with it, even when I just didn't want to do my exercise for the day.
3. My bike and I aren't as good a friends as we used to be. Because I'm working my legs so much, the bike hurts more than it used to. I'm glad because this means that I 'm really working those muscles, but I'm sad that I don't ride the way I used to. I do know that cardio on its own isn't a way to really get fit, so I'm okay with this.
4. I'm not really doing well with the eating component of this. My diet sort of sucks. I feel like the results would be better if I were paying more attention to what I was eating. Some of it is that I can only make so many changes at once. Another part of it is that I just started working again and I'm trying to get a good rhythm together for making food. So far meal planning has pretty much been a complete fail. Now that I'm sort of getting the hang of working and working out, I don't have any excuses not to prepare better for the week.
5. I don't feel like I've lost any appreciable size. But, I'm sort of okay with it. Do I want to be smoking hot and thinner than I am? Hell yes. However, my back feels SO much stronger that it's hard for me to worry about much else. I'm REALLY pleased with that. My poor back needs all the help it can get. I still get some soreness, but it's not as frequent and I'm not getting laid out because of it. As I keep going through this process, it'll get stronger and stronger.
6. My arms and inner thighs make me want to scream. I have a mirror in my workout space and as I do some of the exercises, I can see the FLAB. It taunts me. "Hello, bitch. I'm here and I'm not leaving. HA!" But around the flab, there is toning happening. AND I CAN SEE IT. Just wait, flab. I'm coming for you.

Overall, I'm very pleased with what I'm doing. I know I need to make a better commitment to my diet, but I'm just not overly motivated to do it. I have no idea what's going to get me motivated either.

No comments:

Post a Comment