Monday, April 2, 2012

Sado-Masochism Explained

Latest email to my trainer...


Karen,

I don't think anyone ever really pegged me as the masochistic type. I'm pretty sure if someone had to choose between either sadist or masochist to explain me, they'd choose sadist (apart my from some of my relationships and friendships I suppose).

More shocking than that is the revelation that you are clearly a sadist. I mean, Karen, really, I'm shocked. You never struck me as the sadistic type. Today's Killer Upper workout showed me your dark, sadistic side.

At this point I'm surprised I can type you this email. My arms are something akin to total jelly. Congratulations. A 5 year old could beat me in an arm wrestling contest. I just want to know which little brat put you up to it.

More seriously, I'm kicking the shit out of the plank. Closer to 25 seconds than 15, but 30 is way out there. Those dumbbell front raises are really kicking my ass. I'm having trouble getting to the full extension and by rep 8 I'm contemplating dropping one of the weights on my foot so I can stop. My push-up is pretty high up, but I'm actually doing a full push-up, and that's the goal, right?

I think this is working well and I'm excited about the improvements I'm likely to see.

Your favorite masochist,

Lyndsy

No comments:

Post a Comment